Read Live on Purpose if you have questions about the structure of this post or this 10-day challenge.
Day 10 – Resolve to Live on Purpose
We’ve made it to the end!
Days 8 and 9 were like making New Year’s Resolutions. Some of your answers may have included “I will eat healthier” or “I will watch less T.V. and read more.” Okay, maybe not, but the point of those daily challenges were to come up with a list of activities that can start to change your life.
Now it’s time to resolve to live on purpose. Here are some tips on how to do this.
- Memorize your core values. Recite them repeatedly. Live into them. Did you know that Army soldiers wear their Army Values as dog tags throughout the duration of basic training? To this day, I will never forget my Army Values. You should know your core values like you know your name.
- Write your purpose statement somewhere that you’ll see it often. Reference it frequently.
- Align new opportunities with your purpose, especially if you’re feeling like you’ve strayed from your path. Filter out activities that do not align with your core values.
- Avoid activities that distract you away from something else that is very important to you.
- Occasionally, revisit your “Weaknesses” list and see if there is anything you might improve to better live into your purpose.
- Weigh your excitement for new activities and opportunities. Do they fall into your “Do More of What You Love” list?
Have a wonderful year!